
Authorities in Northern California said four people were killed and 10 wounded Saturday evening when a gunman rampaged through a child’s birthday party in Stockton.
The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office said the birthday party was being held inside a banquet hall when shots rang out around 6 p.m. Saturday.
“Early indications suggest this may have been a targeted incident,” Heather Brent, the sheriff’s office spokeswoman, said Saturday night at a press briefing. “This is a very active and ongoing investigation, and information remains limited.”
The sheriff’s office has only said adults and children were hit by gunfire, but Stockton Mayor Christina Fugazi suggested that children were among the slain victims in her remarks at the briefing.
“Heaven is a little bigger with the individuals, children and adults, that unfortunately did not make it,” the mayor said.
Police have not made any arrests so far. No information has been released about the suspected shooter.
“We are urging anyone with information, video footage, or who may have witnessed any part of this incident to contact the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office immediately,” the sheriff’s office said in a news release.









